The Region 4 State Support Team (SST) is part of the Ohio Department of Education's regional system. Region 4 serves school districts and families in Lake & Geauga Counties.
SST's are funded in part by the Ohio Department of Education, Office for Exceptional Children, for the express purpose of improving the achievement of children and youth, including those with disabilities and those at risk of being identified as disabled.
The Region 4 SST assists districts and families in Lake & Geauga Counties by providing professional development and technical assistance designed to help them develop and deliver specially designed instruction aligned with the Ohio Academic Content Standards and promotes involvement and progress in the general curriculum. The SST also assists districts and agencies in complying with federal and state laws/regulations to ensure the full participation of children and youth with disabilities in the school community.
Work of the SST includes the following School Improvement functions:
- Support for districts in identifying and remedying low academic performance for all students
- Support for districts in systems change efforts to improve student achievement and progress
- Compliance with federal and state requirements to improve results for students with disabilities and those at risk of being identified as disabled.
- Early learning and school readiness.
- Deployment of state and federal initiatives