The Early Learning and School Readiness Team at State Support Team Region 4 is committed to improving results for young children in preschool through grade three. The staff provides early learning and school readiness support that are focused on high-quality instruction through technical assistance and professional development.
The team also conducts specialized work in the area of improving results for young children that includes.
- Implementation of Early Learning Content Standards;
- Support implementation of Step Up To Quality guidelines;
- Assessment measures and techniques, including assessment for progress monitoring and program planning as well as initial assessment;
- Transition from IDEA Part C to preschool and preschool to kindergarten;
- The use of data for program, class and individual planning;
- Early literacy and interventions;
- Models of service delivery, including consultation;
- Increasing capacity of programs to support social/emotional development;
- Curriculum and instruction for high-quality programming;
- Compliance with federal and state special education laws and regulations;
- Development and implementation of Interagency Agreements for providing of services to preschoolers with disabilities;
- Program evaluation;
- Leadership development and program planning
The services are designed to support all regional entities-including public and private preschools such as Early Childhood Education, Preschool Special Education, DD’s, Head Starts and community-based child-care programs.