Who: All school districts in Lake and Geauga county in partnership with State Support Team 4
What: SST provides support in many areas:
· School Improvement
· Special Education
· Tiered Supports
· Early Learning and School Readiness
· Family Engagement
The state support team will help you:
- Review objectively the meeting structure at your building level and share ways to create more impact in your meetings;
- Partner with your leadership to energize your current district, building and teacher teams;
- Unpack Ohio’s Learning Standards with your staff to strengthen your curriculum;
- Check students’ progress in learning and show your teachers how to improve classroom instruction; and
- Assist your district and building teams in the Ohio Improvement process. This includes identifying the needs of your district and developing customized professional development and other support.
Where: We support the work of your teams during your existing District Leadership Team, Building Leadership Team and Teacher Based Team meetings. We also offer Professional Development at the Auburn Technology Center, the ParadigM Center in Mentor and in any Lake or Geauga district.
When: We’re here when you need us! We are happy to set up times to work with you, however the most meaningful time is in conjunction with the development of your district plan for improvement.
Why: State Support Team 4 can expand your leadership team to add specially trained educator experts to work on your efforts to improve climate and learning outcomes for all students. The state support team uses research-based practices to help you build custom solutions for your central office staff, building administrators and teachers. These solutions boost organizational efficiency while identifying common barriers in school improvement and supports for low-performing students.